Sunday, January 20, 2013

Alerting All Motorists!!

Since his birth, people have noticed the physical similarities between Carter and my husband. Both are extremely tall and look like the New Orleans Saints offensive line. But there's an equal presence of genes in this child. Where this all collides is in driving abilities.

Today was the first day that was, as Carter says, "a shunny shine day" and no one was sick.  Carter and I decided to spend the afternoon outside playing with his truck from Santa. As I sit here watching him, I am quickly realizing what my future is going to look like.  I don't know that American National will have enough coverage for the Boyd family.  I must first disclose that I  have a tendency to speed and have been in 5 small wrecks in my life, one recently on the day before Halloween with Carter (don't listen when Carter tells the story of the other car was going too slow and momma was going fast and crashed so the other car would get out of the way), and Dain's boat that was left in the driveway! Now on to his father: Dain,  although acting superior about his driving skills (prompting many heated discussions in the car) doesn't have the cleanest driving record himself. Dain has hit the house four times that I know of, my car (that was parked in the garage), and a light pole at KFC!!   We could star in the insurance commercial about "humans aren't perfect"!

I  have sat on my love seat outside and watched as Carter has destroyed two toys, almost hit the house, the swing set, the pool, the shed, an independent structure, and myself. He takes off so fast that it throws his head back, and is currently dragging a stick from the axel of the Powerwheel all while blaring the stereo, with his tongue sticking out. So, watch out fellow travelers, the Boyds are gassed up and ready to roll!!

P.S. Make that 4 toys destroyed....





No comments:

Post a Comment